Volunteer with us!
There are so many ways you can help deaf and hard of hearing women in Derby and Derbyshire.
Here are some examples, you could:
– share your experiences or knowledge with other deaf and hard of hearing women in a group or one to one.
– befriend other deaf and hard of hearing women
– provide admin support in our office
– help with home visits
– help our staff and events
– help with fundraising
We always need help spreading the word about Deaf-initely women in the local community.
We also need you to raise deaf awareness generally.
If you want to get involved in any of these activities, please contact us.
Are you interested in volunteering?
Would you like to help deaf and hard of hearing women in Derby and Derbyshire?
Fill out this form and we will contact you.
Part-time As Safe As Houses Community worker (14 hours a week)
Fixed-term until 31.3.2022 with a possible extension subject to securing new funding.
Deaf-initely Women is currently recruiting a Community Worker to work for As Safe As Houses project. The post holder will be responsible for carrying out safety/security assessments during 60-100 home visits to deaf, deafblind and hard of hearing women across Derby and Derbyshire.
The postholder will:
- deliver information on safety and security to the above peers.
- design and deliver workshops for deaf, deafblind & hard of hearing women living in Derby and Derbyshire on living securely in their own homes, and
- co-design and create accessible videos in partnership with Derbyshire Police and Crime Commissioner. The videos will be in BSL, captions and audio.
Download your full application pack including job description, personal specification and advert: Click here.
For more information email at: email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 16.4.2021 9am
Interview date: It is being planned for Thursday 29.4.2021.
BSL interpreters, speech to text and loop system will be provided on the day.