Deaf-initely Women brings deaf, hard of hearing and deafblind women together.
Together, we are stronger
Events / Workshops
Work / Volunteer
Sexual Health Matters
Sexual and Reproductive Health
Sexual reproductive health worker for deaf deafblind and hard of hearing women
Deaf-initely Women will work in partnership with Derbyshire Integrated Sexual Health Services and professional health workers to:
– Provide deaf and hard of hearing women with clear accessible information and resources about their sexual and reproductive health.
– Enable deaf and hard of hearing women become more knowledgeable, aware of and educated about their own sexual and reproductive health.
– By providing accessible workshops and information for deaf and hard of hearing women, they will be more empowered and in control of their own sexual and reproductive health.
The workshops and videos will have two British Sign Language interpreters (for signing and voiceover) and two speech-to-text captioners. By providing communication support, this will ensure that all deaf women are able to access the workshops and video contents.
Examples of past workshops are:
• Sex and Relationship Therapy Workshop
• Menopausal Workshop
• Postnatal Depression Workshop
Link to https://www.yoursexualhealthmatters.org.uk/ (*Deaf-initely Women do not take responsibility to an external link)
BSL Video coming soon
Sexual and Reproductive Health Community Worker
Text: 07421 827 162
Phone: 01773 828233
Link to https://www.yoursexualhealthmatters.org.uk/ (*Deaf-initely Women do not take responsibility for the content of external links)